Hi-Temp Grill and Stove Black

$19.99

  • For cast iron and steel
  • Use on stoves, pipe and barbeques.
  • 16 fl. oz can
  • Made in USA.

Description

Meeco’s Hi-Temp Grill and Stove Black is a high heat coating formulated with a unique blend of heat resistant pigments in a  silicone polymer resin designed to beautify and protect any steal or cast iron surface. Ideal for wood, coal, pellet, or corn burning stoves; stove pipe, barbeques and other metal surfaces subjected to temperatures up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Directions: Shake or stir well before using. Do not thin. Using a soft lint-free cloth, nylon or natural brush, or short nap roller apply one thin coating over the desired surface. A heavy coat may lift when heated. Do not apply when the temperature of the room or steel is below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not apply to a hot surface. Use only in well ventilated area. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flames.

 

Additional information

Weight 1.2 lbs
Dimensions 4 x 3.5 x 3.5 in
Surface Preparation

Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease, rust, oil paint and other contaminants.

For new steel: Clean with wire brush, sandpaper or steel wool.

For painted woodstoves and steel: Old painted surfaces should be cleaned with TSP and rinsed or lightly sanded and wiped with an ammonia based cleaner like Windex.

For painted barbeques: Surfaces should be sanded thoroughly and cleaned with TSP or oven cleaner to remove all oil and grease, rinse thoroughly.

For all surfaces: Before applying Hi-Temp, use clean white rags and wipe all surfaces to be painted with clean lacquer thinner (not paint thinner) to remove all remaining oils.

Curing

Finished surface will air dry to handle in 30-45 minutes. Most stoves cure with three burns. The first two should be at least 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Let the stove cool down between burns. The last fire should be 500-700 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 45 minutes. The general rule is to cure slowly without a hot fire.

Ventilate the house during the curing burns. The finish will give off vapors and fumes containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and particulate smoke. Smoke will displace oxygen and may cause irritation. Thoroughly ventilate by opening doors and window and use a fan if necessary.

Warning

This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Flammable liquid and vapor. May cause eye and skin irritation.

Keep out of reach of children.

Do not transfer to unlabeled container.