Island Grill Stone BBQ Accessory
The Island Grill Stone BBQ Accessory allows you to experience the ancient art of stone grilling. Cooking on natural stone over an open flame has been practiced for centuries by many cultures, including the Mongols, Egyptians and Vikings. Now this ancient art has been adapted to the modern barbecue for a healthier, gourmet style of outdoor cooking. The Island Grill Stone BBQ Accessory is the perfect cooking surface for delicious meat, seafood and vegetables.
Island Grill Stone Features
- Flavor enhancement.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Healthier method of cooking.
- No more flare-ups causing burnt food.
- Food won’t slip through the grates.
The Island Grill Stone is a stone slab of natural porous volcanic rock, cut to fit most barbecues.
The Island Grill Stone BBQ Accessory can be seasoned like any cast iron pan. Over time, a shiny black patina will cover the surface of the Island Grill Stone. This natural coating enhances flavor and provides a non-stick coating when foods are cooked over high heat. Once the Island Grill Stone has been seasoned, it should not be cleaned with soap or the flavor enhancement and non stick properties will be lost.
Steps to Season: Getting Started
- First, before initial use wash and clean the island grill stone with water and soap. This will be the first and last time you wash your grill stone.
- Next, brush the entire surface with olive oil. Be sure to work olive oil into all of the pores of the volcanic rock.
- Third, place the island grill stone on your cold grilling surface.
- Then, fire up your barbecue and begin heating the island grill stone.
- Allow your grill to reach the desired temperature for cooking at a consistent pace. Extreme heating can reduce the life of the grill stone.
- Finally, you are ready to cook an award winning meal on your island grill stone.
- Lastly, turn your grill off and allow the island grill stone to cool down. When the stone has lost all of the heat, flip the stone over to be ready for your next meal. Any and all drippings will be cooked off the bottom surface, no cleaning required.
The Island Grill Stone BBQ Accessory holds the natural flavor, moisture and nutrients in the food and prevents flare-ups that cause burnt food. Food will not be lost through the grate. The even heating surface helps to cook meat perfectly. Add marinades and sauces without flare-ups or loss.